Organization: Animal Embassy
Location: Stamford, Connecticut, us
Job or Internship: Job
Animal Embassy has a wide variety of rescued and adopted exotic animals with which we work to enhance our teaching of a range of topics including diversity, biodiversity, adaptations, habitats, classifications, conservation and more. Animal Embassy has rescued or adopted more than 500 exotic animals over the years and currently maintains over 100 non-releasable animals in educational exhibits, including small mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, arachnids and insects.
Animal Embassy is dedicated to fostering an individual’s appreciation and respect for the natural world and the incredible diversity of life on Earth. We specialize in providing hands-on, interactive, and entertaining, educational experiences.
Position: Education and Animal Care Specialist
We are currently seeking a full-time staff member.
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
• Outreach programming which promotes our mission: carry out educational programming in schools, presenting to all ages, including preschool through high school aged students; birthday parties; special event and community programming. Must be comfortable presenting to small groups as well as large audiences of up to 200 individuals.
• Assist in the care of animals at the Animal Embassy public exhibit, located at the Stamford Museum & Nature Center in Stamford, Connecticut. This includes maintenance of the animal enclosures and the exhibit, interaction with visitors and supervision of interns.
• Special projects which may include permitting and other research, intern management, and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, major or course-work in zoology, biology, ecology, or related field.
• 2 years education/teaching experience, with ability to present to both large & small groups, preferably with environmental education experience
• 2 years animal care and handling experience, preferably with exotic animals
• Ability to work a Sunday-Thursday schedule
• Interest in and knowledge of local ecology and wildlife
Relocation not covered; local candidates preferred.
To apply, please email or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Animal Embassy LLC
P.O. Box 4461
Stamford, CT 06907
No phone calls, please.
For additional information about Animal Embassy, please visit www.animalembassy.com