Organization: Widlife Safari
Location: Winston, Oregon, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Grant Writer Department: Development and Marketing
Reports to: Director of Development Supervises: na
.5 FTE Effective June 2012
The Grant Writer is responsible for working with the Director of Development to execute Wildlife Safaris fundraising efforts to achieve ambitious annual revenue goals through institution fundraising and marketing efforts. Primary activities will include grant-writing and writing for brochures, advertising, etc.
• Write grant proposals and produce grant reports. The grant writer will write approximately 3 grant proposals per month on average.
• Research foundation prospects.
• Maintain electronic and paper-based files on foundations.
• Work with Director of Development and Communications Coordinator to implement funding strategies (e.g. support material development).
• Manage additional revenue-generating fundraising projects as they arise.
• 2-3 years of grant-writing or equivalent experience preferred.
• Strong research and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) required.
• Knowledge of fundraising databases preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong editorial skills a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; function well in a collaborative environment.
• Solution oriented.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize multiple projects, and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to represent the organization well to funders.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent and changing deadlines.
Interested applicants should apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Wildlife Safari, c/o Anna, PO Box 1600, Winston, OR 97496.