Organization: Wildlife Conservation Society -- Prospect Park Zoo
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Veterinary Technician position provides excellent care and treatment of animals under WCS’s care, assists in training professionals and volunteers, and supports the WCS mission and objectives in all its forms. The principal responsibilities include Animal Care, Diagnostics, Training and Supervision, Hospital Maintenance, and perform general related tasks and duties as required. EEOM/F/D/V.
To apply you must meet the following qualifications:
• Veterinary technician degree; N Y S Veterinary Technician license (or license eligibility) required,
• Full time veterinary technician experience in small and/or large animals and/or exotics, with preference given for experience in a zoological,
• Must be able to work effectively in a complex, multi- veterinarian, multi-technician health care setting,
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, and computer literate, and
• Must be able to work flexible schedule.
Please visit http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers/nyc-full-time.aspx for a complete job description and instructions on how to apply online.