Organization: Texas State Aquarium
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Director of Education and Conservation
Position Type: Regular Full Time
The Texas State Aquarium, a private, not-for-profit institution, seeks a senior level, dynamic professional to lead our organization’s education and conservation programs and function as a key member of the senior leadership team. The ideal candidate has an excellent understanding of learning in informal environments, educational and interpretive program development and evaluation, and regional and national ocean literacy and conservation and sustainability initiatives.
• Develop and execute a strategic education and conservation plan that supports the organization’s mission. Develop and implement strategies to build partnerships for effective local, regional, and national initiatives.
• Direct exhibit graphics and educational technologies programs. Provide proactive support for story ideas and content for publications and digital resources. Contribute to the development and administer education grants.
• Plan and direct programs to support formal education community. Develop and maintain relationships with formal education partners. Assist with efforts to increase education program sales.
• Develop and monitor key performance metrics and analytics to measure the success of all institutional educational efforts.
• As a key member of the senior leadership team, provide input on public program and exhibit development; operations and guest relations management; and sponsorship and development initiatives.
• BS (MS preferred) in environmental science, education or related field.
• Strong familiarity with inquiry based learning and pedagogy
• Ten years of experience in education and/or interpretation, preferably in the informal learning sector.
• Five years of direct management experience with a proven ability to recruit, train and manage a creative team.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent financial management skills and ability to administer multiple concurrent programs and deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, some evenings