All meetings, general sessions, workshops, and exhibitor events will take place at the Memphis Cook Convention Center, which is connected to the Sheraton Memphis Downtown.
Sheraton Memphis Downtown
250 N. Main Street
Memphis, TN 38103
901-527-7300 - mention Association of Zoos & Aquariums
Book your room online
AZA Rate - $137/night
- Complimentary wireless Internet access in your guest room
- Memphis Trolley Stop - Main Street Line
- Indoor Heated Pool
- AZA Rate is available until Friday, February 28, 2014 or until the room block sells out, whichever comes first.
- Attendees should be registered for the Mid-Year Meeting prior to making hotel arrangements.
Why Is It Important to Stay at an AZA Recommended Hotel?
You'll be able to network easily with other conference attendees. You'll be able to get to all of the conference events quickly and easily. You'll have a better conference experience overall.
AZA has looked at a number of locations and evaluated the needs of attendees as well as the need for conference meeting space. Based on a guaranteed number of attendees staying at the recommended hotels, the hotel and Convention Center has provided discounted rates and incentives for conference attendees.
If AZA does not meet the contracted sleeping room commitment, the hotel will charge AZA for the missing revenue. Unfilled rooms can cost AZA thousands of dollars which can apply pressure to increase the conference registration fees to offset these costs. Please support the conference and the AZA by staying at official conference hotels. We think you will find the increased networking opportunities, quality hotel services and amenities, and proximity to events and meetings very beneficial!
Memphis International Airport (MEM)
- MEM is located 12 miles from the Sheraton Downtown
- Services 6 airlines - AirTran, American, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways
- Ground transportation options